How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are hiring a person in Arizona who will be a work from

This answer was rated:

We are hiring a person in Arizona who will be a work from home employee. Our company is a company with main source of operations in FL.I see we need to register as a foreign co. Anything else?Seems it would be easier to use a staffing agency for people not in FL instead of getting registered and singing up directly as a W2. Your thoughts? Any other risks of having to abide by dif. state laws too if we go direct?Thanks!

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You will need to register as a foreign business doing business in AZ. You will also need to register with AZ Department of Labor, Unemployment and Department of Revenue, as you will need to pay workers compensation on the employee, unemployment insurance to the state of AZ and income taxes to the Department of Revenue. Most companies dealing with multiple states for employees will use a payroll company to handle these things to keep track of workers compensation, unemployment and other taxes.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you