Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

We are hiring a person in Arizona who will be a work from

home employee. Our company is...
We are hiring a person in Arizona who will be a work from home employee. Our company is a company with main source of operations in FL.I see http://www.azcommerce.com/small-business/categories/i-am-an-out-of-state-company-with-a-new-arizona-employee/ we need to register as a foreign co. Anything else?Seems it would be easier to use a staffing agency for people not in FL instead of getting registered and singing up directly as a W2. Your thoughts? Any other risks of having to abide by dif. state laws too if we go direct?Thanks!
9/21/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You will need to register as a foreign business doing business in AZ. You will also need to register with AZ Department of Labor, Unemployment and Department of Revenue, as you will need to pay workers compensation on the employee, unemployment insurance to the state of AZ and income taxes to the Department of Revenue. Most companies dealing with multiple states for employees will use a payroll company to handle these things to keep track of workers compensation, unemployment and other taxes.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney