Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

What kind of licensing do I need to be a business broker in

Mississippi? This would be to...
What kind of licensing do I need to be a business broker in Mississippi? This would be to assist in the sale and purchase of business assets only. Is there an organization or any other kind of oversight I need to be affiliated with?
9/20/2017
socrateaser, Attorney

No license is required under Mississippi law to broker a business purchase and sale, with the following exceptions:

1. If the business owns real estate, then a Mississippi real estate broker's license is required.

2. If business is a corporation and the sale is for less than 100% of the outstanding stock, then a securities broker license is required. See this link for more information.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Attorney
socrateaser, Attorney