Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

To be partner owner of LLC, the original owner of that LLC…

to be partner owner of...
to be partner owner of LLC , the original owner of that LLC update it in Secratery of state and put me under the title Agent
is it ok ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

That's okay, but this means that you're able to act on behalf of the LLC and accept legal documents for them. The actual ownership interest is not something that is filed necessarily with the state, but rather something that you would have in writing with the original owner. So long as you have it in writing, you'll be okay.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

well the thing is i need official paper to submit to the engineering board showing that i am partner owner is any other form ?

This one would need to be filed and used: https://www.sos.la.gov/BusinessServices/PublishedDocuments/983AChangeofMemberManagerLouisianaLimitedLiabilityCompany.pdf

It indicates removal and/or addition of any members / managers to an LLC.

RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney