socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I'm a partner in an Llc with two others. We are splitting

I'm a partner in an Llc with two others. We are splitting profits three ways though one partner does very little in earning them . How much would it cost to revise our agreement so that each partner gets what they esrn
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Nevada
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: Yes our document to form the LLC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Customary legal services fees range from $250-$500 per hour, dependent upon locale. A competent business lawyer would likely charge between $750-$1,500 to revise an LLC operating agreement -- the difference in cost would largely depend on how much revision and fact gathering is required before drafting the modifications.

However, the bigger difficulty in this scenario may be obtaining the consent of the allegedly unproductive partner. Because, if that person refuses to consent to the amendment of the operating agreement, then the other two partners may be required to ask the court to dissolve the LLC, because that may be the only means of removing the unproductive partner from the business.

If you need more personal attention than can be provided in this public forum, I can arrange to send you an offer of direct correspondence, and we can take the discussion offline into a confidential setting. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!