Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a business in NJ its a registered as an LLC...my

Customer Question
I have a business...

I have a business in NJ its a registered as an LLC...my partner no longer wants to be a part of this what form does she need to sign

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes its been filed its year old she wants out of the business

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told i can simply have her sign assignment of iinterest form...sign and date....does it need to be notarized? i was told no

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/20/2017
Business Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

ok thanks I am here ...I need to have her sign these in the AM so I need this form...can I get it from the internet ?

I am working on your answer now. Please bear with me.

Ok ...I am here waiting

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You want to complete two documents. One to keep in the corporate records and one to file with the state.

The first is a simple Assignment of Interest document. The person transferring their interest completes this document. It need not be notarized and may be fairly simple.

Here is a simple form that you can use as a guide:

http://www.leaplaw.com/pubSearch/preview/1177_LLCTransfer.pdf

The second document is Form C-102 that you will complete and file with NJ so that the state is made aware of the change. You can find the form here:

http://www.nj.gov/treasury/revenue/amendcerts.shtml

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

this form looked like it needs to be signed in witness off ?

The assignment form does not require a witness. It just requires both your signature and hers.

C-102 also does not require a witness.