Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

My daughter is applying for a business license in Colorado.

My daughter is applying for a business license in Colorado. She has been operating the business for several months. I assume Colorado will ask when did the business start. Is there a penalty for operating a business before the license is issued?
Generally, no where the request is done soon after opening and the approval can sometimes be made retroactive. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I don't remember exactly, but it may have been up to a year. Is there a penalty after that much time?
Where fee paid retroactive there would not be.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I should have asked if a license for a commercial arts (advertising company) necessary. Also, is it the city that issues one? Does the state or county grant type of business (LLC or what)?
Need authority to do business from the state. No other license.