Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

DOES THE FACT THAT A FLORIDA SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT WHICH

LACKS A WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA...
DOES THE FACT THAT A FLORIDA SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT WHICH LACKS A WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE § 1542 INVALIDATE THE RELEASE WITH THE CALIFORNIA PARTY IN A FLORIDA STATE COURT PROCEEDING?
9/18/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

No because a Florida court applies Florida law to cases under its jurisdiction.California law would not apply in this situation it would be strictly Florida law.The release would not be invalidated because of California law.It doesn't apply in such a situation.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney