Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

WHAT IS THE LAW IN NEW MEXICO if there is a sign stating a…

Customer Question
WHAT IS THE LAW...

WHAT IS THE LAW IN NEW MEXICO if there is a sign stating a business is not responsible or any damage but the business' equipment causes damages to a customer's property

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No. a car wash malfunctioned and damaged my son's vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The policeman called to the business refused to make a police report. is that right

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/16/2017
Business Lawyer: socrateaser, Attorney replied 9 months ago
socrateaser, Attorney

Under common-law premises liability, on[e] who owns or controls property has a duty to refrain from creating or permitting conditions on such property that will foreseeably lead to an unreasonable risk of harm to others beyond the property's borders." Bober v,New Mexico State Fair, et al., 1991-NMSC-031, ¶¶ 26-27, 111 N.M. 644, 808 P.2d 614 (1991).

A posted disclaimer cannot reach damage or injury that is not reasonable foreseeable, or is outside the reasonable expectations of a customer. The court will invalidate the disclaimer.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!