Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Yesterday our business I am the bookkeeper (not biller) just…

Customer Question
Yesterday our business I am...
Yesterday our business I am the bookkeeper (not biller) just got a wake up call from FBI guns drawn on the business
Medical billing fraud my question how long before they freeze bank accounts? I just sent out checks to pay bills
I do not do any billing so I am safe
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Business Law
Does the business automatic get all bank accounts on hold?
9/15/2017
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
It depends whether they secure an order to do so. It may not happen at all or may happen next week - depending on their discovery. More often accounts stay open. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
How do I know if they secured an order to freeze banks accounts? Owners not talking? Will I get in trouble if I sent out rent payments and office supply payments? A web site I can go to for info on the raid?
You won't know until served with an order. Company should have counsel retained. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!