Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Can an organization refuse further services to a client

Customer Question
because they feel this client...
Can an organization refuse further services to a client because they feel this client may complain about their services or sue this organization? Thanks.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, they may. I am sure you have heard the phrase, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." A company is allowed to choose whom they serve. The only exception being that the company may not discriminate against an individual based on a protected class.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi