Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a business that big tractor-trailer rigs are using to…

Customer Question
I have a business...

I have a business that big tractor-trailer rigs are using to turn around in the parking lot since the streets have changed and big trucks are not allowed to continue as they have done in the past. They are tearing up the parking lot and grounds. I am in Arkansas. What can I do about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Arkansas - the trucks look to be maybe 10 years old -- hard to tell

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have talked with the mayor but that's all. He said he would call some agency, but no results

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/15/2017
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can put up a fence and gates to prevent the trucks from making the turn onto your property. You could also put up poles to block them from turning and put up a sign stating that the property is private and no trespassing or turning vehicles.

Actually, the best idea though is the fence and gate which would then allow you to control who comes onto your business property.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

This is a business parking lot. I can't fence out my clients. I am wondering if there is not a state law that would allow the city police to ticket the truck drivers.

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry, as I do not know what type of business, I was providing you information as to your options without the benefit of that knowledge from you.

The police could cite the truckers with trespassing, but how long do you think they will come out there and once the police are gone, the trucks will be right back doing it.

So you are going to have to erect something in your business parking lot to prevent the trucks from being able to turn. If you cannot use a fence, then perhaps poles or barriers in the parking lot which would allow your customers to enter and park, but would prevent big rigs from turning around.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney