Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have TCP NUMBER AND I NEED TO CHANGE THE CORPORATION NAME…

Customer Question
i have TCP NUMBER AND...
i have TCP NUMBER AND I NEED TO CHANGE THE CORPORATION NAME HOW CAN I DO THAT
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/14/2017
Business Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 11 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

In California here

To amend (change, add or delete) provisions contained in your California corporation's Articles of Incorporation, it is necessary to:

(1) notice, hold and document a special meeting of the corporation's board of directors;

(2) prepare either a certificate of Amendment of the Articles of Incorporation, or prepare and file Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation, in compliance with California Corporations Code Sections 900-910; and

(3) file the original and two copies with the California Secretary of State along with the $30 filing fee, and where applicable the $15 over the counter fee, or $350 expedite fee.

The documents must either be hand-delivered, or mailed, to the Sacramento Office at:

Business Programs Division
Attention: Document Filing Support Unit***** 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814

If mailed, please note that the California Secretary of State is taking about 2 months to process mail in requests, and all documents should be accompanied by a letter referencing the name of the corporation, its state identification number, contact information, and the request.

The same procedure applies to amend the articles of organization for a California limited liability company (LLC).

Once you complete this the number and name change will be complete and correct.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.