Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Any violations for Summit roofer, 10150 Highland Manor

Customer Question
Any violations for Summit...

Any violations for Summit Wood roofer

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

10150 Highland Manor Drive

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I want to know if they are respected law abiding company- their phone number is(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They call me and Offered a FREE roofing inspection. Suddenly I AM SUSPICIOUS

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/13/2017
Business Lawyer: J. Warren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Are you located in Florida?

Also to confirm, the phone number is(###) ###-####and the company is claiming to be called Summit Wood?

What I can tell you is that typically scams begin with the scenario that you have state above where a company calls and offers a free roofing inspection and then begin the scam once they arrive and do an inspection which turns up damage etc... This usually entails insurance fraud and results in the homeowners policy being cancelled. Or another version is where money is paid up front to do reported damage and the roofers never show.

I could not confirm this is a legitimate business that is registered with any State. There are no scam alerts yet on any company named Summit Wood, but it is highly suspicious given the information you have submitted and the timing after Irma.

If you feel you need an inspection, I would suggest that you contact a known reputable roofing company.

Best of luck. All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.