TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I have been served with a lien foreclosure notice and

Customer Question

I have been served with a lien foreclosure notice and summons on an Arizona property. Served on 8/15 and my 30 day response time is up Thursday.I have been trying all day with no luck to find an attorney who can respond by Thursday.It was just represented to me that there is an automatic 10 day extension granted in Az if I don''t respond on time. IS THIS TRUE? I have an excelllent chase of prevailing if I have time to find an attorney.Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

No, I'm sorry to say that is not true. If it were true that everybody gets an automatic 10 day extension, then the 30 day deadline would be meaningless, as the true deadline would be 40 days. You can, however, ask the court to grant you extra time. You can do that by filing a Motion to Extend the Response Deadline. You would argue that you are attempting to find an attorney with no luck, and point out that the other party is not prejudiced if the request is granted. Unfortunately, there is no form for that motion. You'd have to draft the arguments yourself.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.