Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

Need help with 501-c3 of a non profit organization. Please

Customer Question

need help with 501-c3 of a non profit organization. Please advice. thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well i need to know the whole procedure of doing 501-c3 from beginning till end. Thanks.

Great thanks! Just a moment...Remember, if you get an automatic phone call request and you would not like a phone call, you’re welcome to reject the offer.

Okay, thank you very much for your patience on this. I absolutely positively do not mean to oversimplify your situation, but many people have asked this question and I’ve looked hard for a site that helps break it down step by step. If you click here, you can find out the necessary requirements to help you get started with a non-profit specifically in NY. Again, I don’t mean to not answer your question, it’s just that nolo.com is a trusted source that breaks down information in a meaningful and excellent way. Did you have any other questions for me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well the link you sent me is just a website who incorporate the business. well we already have the corporation ready now we have to get 501-3c status from IRS and I was asking you the procedure for that. Thank you!

Oh I understand. You'll need to fill out form 1023 (or a 1023-EZ if you are a smaller organization). You would need fill out the form (click here) and then submit it to irs.gov/form1023. It's a $275 fee to file. You'll want to check all of the necessary boxes and have an officer or director of the organization sign it then wait for the IRS's approval.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you send me link to efile 1023ez. Thanks

Sure, if you click here, you can actually do an interactive form that will file it for you.