Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

A CORPORATION CAN I OWN 95% of the corporation and give 5%?

Customer Question

i AM OPENING A CORPORATION CAN I OWN 95% of the corporation and give 5%?
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: yes all the documents. However he is taking less equity
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Yes, you may do what you are describing. You would simply issue a stock certificate to yourself totaling 95% of the issued shares and issue another stock certificate for 5% of the issued shares to the person or entity that you wish to hold 5%.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.