Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

A CORPORATION CAN I OWN 95% of the corporation and give 5%?

Customer Question
I AM OPENING A...

I AM OPENING A CORPORATION CAN I OWN 95% of the corporation and give 5%?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes all the documents. However he is taking less equity

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/8/2017
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago

Yes, you may do what you are describing. You would simply issue a stock certificate to yourself totaling 95% of the issued shares and issue another stock certificate for 5% of the issued shares to the person or entity that you wish to hold 5%.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi