Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have been asked by a Chinese company to do contract work…

Customer Question
I have been asked...

I have been asked by a Chinese company to do contract work for them and I wanted to know whether I am in line with the US law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

I am in the state of Oregon, in the city of Portland. I don't know who to ask. I simply started a web search that led me to you

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Nothing has been filed. I wanted to get legal advice before procedding with anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, The job involves working as a consultant on a fledgling microprocessor development project.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/7/2017
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Can you please clarify what is your question?
Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I am about to work as a consultant to Chinese company. I will be consulting on how to do circuit design for a microprocessor project. I wanted to know if this type of work is permitted by the US law.
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, I am not sufficiently familiar with this area of law. I will opt-out and allow another expert to provide assistance.

Business Lawyer: Irwin Law,
 replied 9 months ago
Irwin Law
Phone call session started
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

I would be happy to research this.

so I came across this article about doing business with a chinese company. http://www.chinalawblog.com/2012/05/providing-service-to-chinese-companies-get-paid-upfront-or-dont-bother.html

will you be working in China or here in the US and communicate via phone and email? I need that information to see if there are any export/import implications.