Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Not for Ray Is consultation confidential? Free consultation

Customer Question
Not for RayIs consultation confidential? Free...
Not for RayIs consultation confidential?
Free consultation and paid consultation.
Do I need lawyer's signed agreement said confidential?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/7/2017
Business Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Michael Bradley

without retaining their services it would technically not be confidential unless they agreed

I would pay them for the consultation making it confidential or have them sign a confidentiality agreement

to be safe, have them sign a confidentiality agreement if you are worried about discolsure

it is about if and when did the attorney client privilege attached.

If I contacted my former attorney ( once I hired same case ), is still confidential?
Is possible that former attorneys become witness at trail?

yes to former attorney, the confidentiality continues even though they are not your attorneys unless you waive it

I can not see how former attorney can testify unless you disclosed current or future criminal activity

Disclosed current means?
Future criminal activities means?

current commission of a crime or disclose the intent to commit a crime in the near future

Still I don't understand.

if you tell an attorney that you a going to kill someone today and the attorney believe that it is believable they must tell the police

if you tell them that you are going to kill then next Monday the same

Opt out my question,
Thank you,
Business Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

New expert here. Are you still looking for help on your question?

I asked lawyer who I hired before, our conversation should be confidential, but not written.
Is it good enough?

Generally, if an attorney is providing you legal advice and there is an established attorney-client relationship, then the conversation is automatically privileged. A signed agreement to the confidentiality is not necessary to provide attorney-client privilege. If it is paid legal advice then that would provide sufficient evidence of a relationship. Unpaid legal advice could also be privileged in pro-bono situations. In any event, an attorney, generally, would not share a conversation had with a potential client unless the potential client or client waived the privilege. We can discuss more if you want to do so.

Is it law to protect all meetings are confidential?
If attorney spoke to other spouse's attorney after my meeting?

When an attorney is in an attorney client relationship with a client, all meetings held separately with the client are confidential. If another person attends the meeting, then the privilege does not exist. If a spouse attended a meeting or is jointly represented together with the other spouse, then both spouses have a right to know what advice the attorney shared with the other spouse. We can discuss more if you would like to do so. If not, please provide a rating between 3 and 5 stars. Best regards.

Hello: I am following up to see if you still need further help. If so, please let me know. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars so you can pay me for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney