Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I very recently got involved with a friend who has an

Customer Question
I very recently got...

I very recently got involved with a friend who has an existing business and decided to bring me in as a partner due to my good credit standing as his partner am able to take out banks. I need advice on how to protect myself financially. I have never ran a business so I just hear his side of everything.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

As his partner I am able to take out bank loans.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge, I have only filled out and on line partnership agreement, we have also filled out life insurance documents.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We did get an $8000 cash loan from compass Bank and a $24000 credit card from navy federal which I have stop all further charges on that card after he transferred $7000 without my knowledge or approval.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/6/2017
Business Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Who signed for the loans? Was there any personal guarantee? Also, who signed for the credit card? Did you put any money in the business?

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.