Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have an investment contract with a local business. I was…

Customer Question
I have an investment...

I have an investment contract with a local business. I was suppose to get 30% of profits monthly. They have defaulted on the agreement. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

North Carolina. Reached out to a few but they are taking their time to respond.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Business Law
9/5/2017
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago

When a party breaches a contract, the first step is to review the contract and see if there are any provisions for a remedy against the breaching party. Once that has been determined, the next step is to prepare a demand letter to the breaching party for damages from the breach. If the other party does not comply with the demand letter, the non-breaching party would need to pursue a civil suit against the breaching party for the damages.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

What are your fees to take a look at a case like this?
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago

I am sorry. Unfortunately, the JustAnswer terms of service prohibit me from being retained as an attorney.

However, a good attorney should be willing to meet with you for an initial consultation to review the case at no charge.

Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi