Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a 100% online startup business incorporated in

delaware.The corporation name does not...
I have a 100% online startup business incorporated in delaware.The corporation name does not fit the marketing and product we r taking to market so we have a couple of choices
1. Apply for a DBA but it's only available at a county level ? Not federal
2. Change the name of the corporation ?
3. OtherDba seems to be the easiest but it
Only applies at county level do you have any ideas ?
8/31/2017
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

You can file the DBA in the county that your physical location is located. That's where you're doing business (marketing from that location) so you don't need to file in every county where your customers are located. Now you can also file the name as a trademark (either at the state level, https://corp.delaware.gov/trademark.shtml, or Federal, https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/filing-online). That keeps other businesses from using the same name. But the DBA allows you to use that name if the name of the corporation is different.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney