Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am a small business owner and Paypal put a freeze on my…

I am a small...

I am a small business owner and Paypal put a freeze on my account without notice and closed the account without appeal. They wouldn't allow me to issue refunds (I'm a small business owner and the $10,000 that they held was everything I had to ship orders and buy merchandise) I wasn't even allowed to issue refunds all this negatively effected my business because I had to ask customers to file chargebacks or claims to get their monies because they took everything i had in the account- not just the reserve holds. I want to sue them for defamation, punitive damages and all the monies they took in chargeback fees, etc

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Do i have a case? i realise they can hold funds, freeze accounts but this was a situation that was being rememdied...this initially started in March 2017 I'm in GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They told me i can not appeal- they closed my account i tried reaching them and received no response

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They almost destroyed my business

8/31/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If " Paypal put a freeze on my account without notice and closed the account without appeal," then you can file lawsuit against Paypal for your damages. You may consider retaining the services of a local Attorney who handles commercial litigation to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law