Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have held an account with Square for many years and I

I have held an account with Square for many years and I recently received an email that my account was recently terminated. I am assuming for selling what they call "Occult Materials" of which they do not elaborate. I have never had any chargebacks that would make my account a high risk account and I feel that this broad use of the word "Occult" is religious discrimination as I am a practicing Pagan "Wiccan" and I sell what I call "Religious" Items from Bibles, Books, and Gifts and have a clear disclaimer posted on my site.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: I understand that this has been happening to many small companies nationwide and would like help in filing a class action suit in the state of California
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If a Christian store can sell crucifixes, rosary beads, saint coins, and religious materials, why can't I sell candles incense, herbs and oils and pagan jewelry? www.atmospherebooks.com

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

This site does not offer legal representation. However, you can use the following sites to find national law firms or local consumer Attorneys that handle class action cases to assist you with the case:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks