Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Closed a small business but my bank won't close the business…

Closed a small business but...
Closed a small business but my bank won't close the business account without a dissolution "confirmation". What is the confirmation? A letter? A form?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/11/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Whats state here and is this a corporation?

Maryland
it is an LLC

You have to file Articles of Cancellation an there are fees.You may want to decide if it is worth it here to close it out.You could lower balance here as much as they will let you and maybe let it go.

Here are the forms. You would get the letter once you close it out.

http://www.dat.maryland.gov/SDAT%20Forms/llc-cancel.PDF

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

I mean if you can get it down to say $25 balance I woudl just let it go.Not sure what minimum balance is the bank will know.

Where would the confirmation come from? (this is definitely a five star response).

From the Charter Department

Department of Assessments and Taxation

Charter Legal Department

301 W. Preston Street, Rm 801

Baltimore, MD###-##-####/p>

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Thank you. I sincerely ***** ***** help on this. Exemplary answer. I hope to consult with you again.

Talk to you again soon.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney