Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

IS A "C" CORPORATION REQUIRED TO HAVE AN OPERATING AGREEMENT…

IS A "C" CORPORATION REQUIRED...
IS A "C" CORPORATION REQUIRED TO HAVE AN OPERATING AGREEMENT WITH ITS SHAREHOLDERS OR OFFICERS?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2017
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you.

Good morning. No. An operating Agreement is only applicable for a limited liability company. A C corporation would not have an operating agreement. A C corporation typically has bylaws which set forth corporate governance. Share ownership is evidenced by stock certificates. In addition, authority to act on behalf of the corporation is documented with corporate resolutions.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Thank you also for the bonus! I appreciate both your kindness and your generosity!

Richard, Attorney