Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

Are the protections (such as they may be) relating to a

Customer Question

Are the protections (such as they may be) relating to a charging order against a member's distributions from an LLC still in force if an LLC is administratively dissolved? In other words, if an LLC was administratively dissolved but the LLC continued doing its business (albeit not in good standing with the state), is the creditor still inhibited by the normal charging order remedies, or do they now have free reign to attach the member's portion of the asset without regard to the charging order constraints?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Even though the company is dissolved, until its affairs are wound up, debts paid and remaining assets distributed the creditor would still only be entitled to a distribution made to the member. Keep in mind that upon payment of past due fees, the administrative dissolution terminates and all actions of the LLC during the period of administrative dissolution are deemed ratified and proper. For this reason until there is an actual dissolution, the creditor has no right to any of the LLC's assets until it is wound up.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.