Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have two companies A and. Company is not making a lot of…

Customer Question
I have two companies A...
I have two companies A and B. Company B is not making a lot of money so I would like to merge it under company A. So everything that company B sold in the past would be sold by company A. Company B is known for its products to a certain group of customers. Company B also has assets such as a building and equipment. Company B also has a website that lists the products.
I would like to keep the name of company B so no one else can use it in the future. I like to keep the existing Company B web site address/domain name, but when it is open it will state Company B is now under Company A.
If I let go of the Company B name, my relatives will try and reopen Company B under their name (family last name).
On the Company B assets, how would that be transferred to Company A?
Any ideas how to proceed?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Business Law
8/1/2017
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 6 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response.

Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 6 months ago

What you are trying to accomplish is quite simple. Company A can simply acquire the shares (if Company B is a corporation) or the membership interest (if Company B is an LLC) of Company B. Thereafter, Company B will still exist, but Company A will be the owner of the interest in Company B.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification.

Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi Fred. Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, I would greatly appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi