Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have a question, Texas, no i cannot find, So im on L2

Customer Question
Hello! Yes i have...

Hello! Yes i have a question

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Texas, no i cannot find

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

So im on L2 spouse visa and i want to open LLC. What should i do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also won the green card and will apply in October for 2018

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Business Law
7/31/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, eligible to practice in front of state and federal court, who is ready to help. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.. The answer to your question is yes, so long as you have a valid EAD. With a valid EAD, you can be self employed, seek employment and run businesses. Thus, you can set up and run your business as well.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

The problem is in i-765 form to apply for EAD - there is only 3 options. I am applying for 1. Permission to accept employment 2. Replacement 3. Renewal that's the question? what should i choose?

You wil want to choose option 1, permission to accept employment (which would be self-employment).

Okay, great! Thank you! After i get EAD what should i do to open LLC? Maybe you have good link with steps?

You are most certainly welcome. If you click here, you can find a pretty no-nonsense guide to getting an LLC started up. It's usually pretty simple and just requires a few steps. Did you have any other questions for me?

Great! You saved me! Just one last question. Should i change something in my LLC after i get Green Card in 2018?
one more question. Sorry. Can i do different businesses from one LLC? for example online shop and creative design agency?
or i need to open new for each type?
Are you here?

My goodness, I am so so so sorry!

For whatever reason, I was not alerted regarding your posts. Let me review your question one more time...

Anyway, yes, you can do a different business from one LLC. Usually, you need to file a "doing business as" certificate with the state, meaning that your subsidiary business is "doing business as" "XYZ Company" under your LLC. You'll need to do this for each new business that you file.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer