Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

I have been working for my family's business since 2010. I

Customer Question

I have been working for my family's business since 2010. I was told I would take over in 2015. I have been working there 7 years now and my mom is going to sell. I didn't get anything in writing about not taking over, so I wonder if I have any rights or not.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
I realize you have nothing in writing stating you are NOT taking over, but is there anything in writing stating you ARE to take over?