Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

I have a business that doesn't have a partnership agreement.

Customer Question

I have a business that doesn't have a partnership agreement. My other partner has just blocked me from everything(email, invoices). What do I do?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Partner has no right to do so. A lawyer can send a letter demanding partner provide access. If not effective would next to sue to enjoin partner from doing so. It would be an emergency application.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up