Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

A subcontractor came to our home in Massachusetts and

Customer Question

A subcontractor came to our home in Massachusetts and sprayed a product on the back of a large bathroom mirror to prevent mold..We knew this product was to be applied; but did not know it would be sprayed in our home. (The worker showed me the can at the time and told me he just finished spraying.The spray was extremely toxic; despite opening windows immediately I became very sick. I called the dr the next day and they prescribed 2 weeks of antibiotic and 1 week of steroids. Is there any recourse? They are returning tomorrow to fix another part of the program and I requested they bring the can to read "ingredients" and to see if it says anything about toxic. Is there any legal recourse?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide assistance. Please provide me a moment to formulate a response.

There is a recourse. My first recommendation is to approach the subcontractor regarding the cost of your medical expenses. It would be more timely and cost effective for him to simply pay your medical costs.

Otherwise, your next option would be to bring suit against the subcontractor.

Did he warn you about the harmful effects of the product?

Hi. Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!