Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

In NJ (say County where I am or Somerset county where I am

Customer Question

In NJ (say Morris County where I am or Somerset county where I am not but they are) if someone posts an add for a price $1 or $10 or $50(not for real estate) and I accept the offer (via text -even better than verbal - not even verbal) don't we have a legal contract in NJ?I don't want to say "I will buy this. Please give me your full name and address and cell number. "THEN I show up and THEN they say " oh. Yea, you have a picture of what we posted, but we didn't mean $10 - we meant $100 (or in the print below we said $1,000 but "attracted you with what you read ($100) can they be held liable?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I want to make sure I understand. There was an ad for a product at a particular price. And you show up to purchase and the seller claims that the ad was in error...is that accurate?