Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

My daughter and I have an LLC. We are applying for

Customer Question

my daughter and I have an LLC. We are applying for certification as a woman/minority owned business. we have given them a copy of our operating agreement, but they are further requiring a membership transfer ledger. I do not understand what it is & where to get one
JA: Has an LLC annual report been prepared?
Customer: They requested a copy of our first and last corporate meeting minutes, which we furnished. Also membership certificates which we furnished. And three years of tax returns which we furnished.
JA: What state are you in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just that they are requesting this one last item which I do not have
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Congratulations on your application. The membership transfer Ledger simply is a ledger that shows who had a new currently has ownership in the company. For example, if you originally started your LLC with you and your spouse, but your daughter was not included then that would be the first part of the letter. After that, if your spouse then gave his interest to your daughter then The Ledger would reflect that you and your daughter are the owners. It is similar to a bank account Ledger, but only shows who owns what shares in the company. if you click here, you can see an example of what a transfer ledger would look like

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?