Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

When I register a C corporation in CA, am I required to use

Customer Question
my legal name or may...
When I register a C corporation in CA, am I required to use my legal name or may I use a different name other than my legal name? Thanks.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business Law
7/25/2017
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.If you are registering it you need to use your name. If you use a lawyer may sometimes register in firm name.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Thanks for the answer."If you are registering it you need to use your name.". May I just pick a new name instead of using my legal name?"If you use a lawyer may sometimes register in firm name." Could you please clarify? Did you mean if I hire a lawyer to register the corporation for me, he can register in his firm's name? If so, does that mean his law firm is the owner of the new corporation? Thanks.
Use your legal name or have a lawyer register using law firm as the incorporator
The lawyer would not own it but merely be the designated agent.
There are also companies that do this for you like corporation service company.
Good luck
Kindly rate me five stars.
Infolawyer, Attorney