P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

Are there any tax incentives by doing business with a

Customer Question

Are there any tax incentives by doing business with a nonprofit. Such as if I have space to rent can I rent to them and get a tax break of some type?
JA: What's the mission of the nonprofit organization?
Customer: Serving the homeless
JA: What state are you in?
Customer: California LosnAngeles
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm in the library so I can't take a phone call
Category: Business Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

If you are providing goods or service to a non profit for, for no charge? Then the value of the goods/services can be claimed as a tax deductible donation.

For example, if you rent them space at less than market rate? You could deduct the difference (between what you are charging and market rate) as a donation

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.