How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1779
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I used to own a daycare center, my boyfriend helped me and

Customer Question

I used to own a daycare center, my boyfriend helped me and several of his wage payments checks were not deposited. I am no longer with him. At that time we lived together and supported ourselves with my paycheck, he could also used credit cards on my name. I closed the business 3 yrs ago but have not filed bankrupcy. How can I make sure he does not come after me with those wages that were not received.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to pay $19 for it to be answered. This is the question.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Could you explain a little more?

Was the business a sole proprietorship or an LLC/corporation?

If an LLC/corporation, have you formally closed the business with your Secretary of State's office?

Thank you for your cooperation.