Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am a nonresident sole owner of a single-Member LLC (living…

I am a nonresident sole...
I am a nonresident sole owner of a single-Member LLC (living overseas).
The LLC is selling Software-Downloads (german server) to german customers using a german based reseller.
The bank account is in the US.
Within the last 5 years i paid already about 100k $ to the IRS.
Now I have read that my company is not engaged in a US trade or business if not selling in the US.
Is this true and if yes, is there a way to get money back from the IRS?
Addition: All invoices were generated in the name of US LLC. I am not living in Germany where I am selling.
7/10/2017
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

From facts mentioned, you should make a claim for a refund of those tax payments. I would recommend having a local accountant preferably a CPA who has worked with the IRS previously contact the agency by letter and negotiate the refund.

Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney