Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Foreign corporation and US citizen resident set up LLC as…

Foreign corporation and US citizen...
Foreign corporation and US citizen resident set up LLC as partnership. Foreign corporation will invest in LLC. Can my foreign company be the owner and/or member of our US LLC ?
7/4/2017
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

A foreigner or foreign entity can be a member in a Pennsylvania LLC. There is no restriction on that.

Can A foreigner or foreign entity invest in this LLC without being a member?

As a general rule, investment would make one a member. I am not aware of any other way to invest, other than by making a loan.

Loren, Attorney