Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a default judgement on a settlement agreement that…

i have a default judgement...
i have a default judgement on a settlement agreement that was 50% paid. In a separate case for the same debt he is sewing my girlfriend for fraudulent conveyance. My question is if i pay him on the default judgment, does the fraudulent conveyance get automatically dismissed?
7/2/2017
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Once the debt is paid, the fraudulent conveyance action would be dismissed. It is not automatically dismissed though; your girlfriend would have to file a motion to dismiss the case as a result of the debt being paid or the person suing her would have to drop the case.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will judge automatically drop it if she files the motion to dismiss, or does he have the right to continue?

The judge will drop the case because it is now considered moot.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if the last thing on the court calendar online it says "paper file destroyed", what does that mean?

It probably is referring to all the documents in the case being kept electronically rather than in paper form.