How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116757
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had worked with instahelp and they ripped me off and want

Customer Question

Hello, I had worked with instahelp and they ripped me off and want my money back
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: 8t wasn't through you.. it's was through amerahelp
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Wisconsin No
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: I'm not sure.. I came online to look at my account and it said the company was in legal trouble and they have my money, but we're closed down
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your first step is you would need to contact your attorney general about the fraudulent conduct of the company as well as the attorney general in the state where the company is located. If the company is going through bankruptcy now as suspected will be happening in the near future, you need to file a civil suit against the company in the city where they are located and if they file bankruptcy you need to file a proof of claim and relief from stay, since this is a debt incurred by fraud and you can still recover as it cannot be extinguished in bankruptcy.
So, your first option is going through the attorney generals to see if you can get them to help, but if not you will have to file suit against them to recover your money.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.