Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Counselor at Law.
7286322

Ely.How can I ask you a question after rating you before?

Hello Ely.How can I ask you a free follow up question after rating you before?

Hello again. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

Sure, what do you need?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks very much.I am still waiting to hear back from the other lawyer but I appreciate your help with this.

You are very welcome. Good luck and reply if you need anything.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou Ely.The problems are the following when he wanted to join the online business I myself was a member of.
1.I instructed him to open a paypal account and pay the fee himself which was around $1100, but since he said the verification process would take time he asked me to pay and handed me the money.I sent the payment and he became a member.
2.After one month of being a member he withdrew some of his earnings as a test and decided to upgrade to a $10,000 package.I was surprised but he wanted to.Now this happened 2 1/2 years ago but I remember that the company stipulated that over $1000 packages were to be paid by bank wire only. I still can't remember why,but he asked me to pay with my bank he sent me the money and I paid the bank wire plus extra charges for the currency exchange charges incurred.
3.His wife decided to buy a 10,000 package too.I remember him telling me,that she wanted to compete with him so she could have more earnings.This upgrade was a month after his upgrade and she paid by her bank. My lawyer and I showed the withdrawals from my account that were made and the screenshots of his successful upgrade and his wife's 4 star package bought too when we got his first lawyer's letter saying I had to pay all their money back to him,which was ludicrous and we rejected their calls for me to pay anything backed up by the civil code of Japan that you had made me aware of. Anyway when we heard he had rejected our letter and that he may pursue this further, my lawyer and I agreed to pay him 100,000 yen(about $1000) since we weighed up different cost that may arise if a court hearing took place.When my lawyer spoke to his lawyer about this possible out of court settlement, he said that it was too late and that documents had been posted already and these I received just the other day..I am meeting my lawyer tomorrow with these documents...Any thoughts on this would be appreciated .Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello.I notice you have not replied to my question dated July 3rd.I am therefore led to believe that either you still feel the other party does not have a case against me as you first stated or that there is another reason for not offering your advice this time.If it is the latter,please clarify thank you Ely.

Sorry, I never saw your follow up until now. You may recall that we have already concluded that you ARE BEING SCAMMED and that the company was not a real company. You are being scammed/bullied into paying them money. This is not real. I am not sure what else to say. This is just a scammer pretending to be a company and his "attorney" to scare some money out of you.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Again, thank you for your help.