Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez, Attorney
Experience:  Managing Member at Perez-Mena & Gonzalez, LLC
93419235

I plan to register a C corporation in CA. I think the State

Customer Question

I plan to register a C corporation in CA. I think the State of Secretary requires Service of Process Address, Entity Address, and Mailing Address. Would it be ok to leave the Entity Address blank? As currently it is kind of a home-based business, and I don't want to disclose home address. I saw at the State of Secretary's website, some companies do leave Entity Address blank although not common. Thanks for your help.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Yes, it can be left blank but a better practice is to use a service such as CT Corp. These corporations receive service of process for you and will immediately notify you of any pending legal matters. Here is a link with contact information for the California office: https://ct.wolterskluwer.com/ct-service-offices
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the information. I understand that is for 'Service of Process Address'.What about 'Entity Address'? I think Entity Address means business physical address? May I leave it blank, or use CT Corp.? Thank you.
I see.Yes, that may be left blank.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow-up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions. Rating me costs you nothing.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.Rating me costs you nothing. Thank you.