How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 558
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came up with an idea for a business several years ago,

Customer Question

Hello, I came up with an idea for a business several years ago, asked 4 people to join the business, filed the original domain name. One of my business partners is an attorney and counseled me to have all members of the LLC to have equal stake in the business, even though I requested that I have more of a percentage because it was my idea and brainchild. I know understand that she was in violation of Rule-3-300 of the California Bar Rules. She did not suggest that I seek outside counsel. My partners have now asked me to withdraw from the business, and I'm wondering how to respond to the letter they sent. I want to pursue action against my partner for her violation of the code and the conflict of interest. She is a partner in a firm, and I'm wanting to let them know of her violation as well. I never in a million years would have agreed to equal partnership if I had known that she would plan to steal my idea and company by making sure I did not have controlling interest. Should I respond to their letter and let all the partners know of her violation which happened when she counseled me via a phone conversation? She took advantage of my lack of knowledge, and also told me that even though the company was my idea, I did not have a right to take a greater percentage as the partners would resent me and not work as hard.
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: California.
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: LLC has been filed, but I do not have the number and cannot find it on the government server. I did not sign the other organizational documents, such as the Operating Agreement, etc. I don't want to be in business with any of them, but I want to make sure I am accurate in her violation of the Rule and let the other partners know that I could pursue legal action against her.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe that is sufficient background info, thank you so much
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.
You absolutely need to get a strong attorney to argue your case. I can send you a list of highly rated and respected attorneys. What city in California are you in?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm in Lomita, California
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Los Angeles is close to me. I would imagine there are many people there.
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.
I will send you a list by the end of the day
I can also send you information on making a bar complaint if you wish
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Excellent. One more question. The only proof I have that she violated the Rule was a verbal conversation. Would this be sufficient evidence? I do not have anything in email, it was verbal via phone. I don't want to slander her if my claim would not hold up in a court of law or with making a complaint to the CA Bar. But clearly she was aware that she was essentially advising me to give away my "controlling interest". I realize that now. Is it enough to show intent?
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.

Here is the link to make an attorney complaint

Related Business Law Questions