How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 19307
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] (Second opinion] small business owner in ca,

Customer Question

Second opinion] (Second opinion] small business owner in ca, neglected to carry worker's comp. insurance. fortunately no one was ever injured, however, I'm now looking at a six figure penalty. Don't have anything near that, to pay with. how can I bail out and start anew? time sensitive. thx
By start anew, I mean keep the business, and lose the penalty.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid paying the penalty and at the same retaining your business. You would need to try to work out a payment arrangement with the agency or start a brand new business with no affiliation with the current one.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,