Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Where can I find if my church is registered or not ??

Customer Question
JA: What state are you...
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sacramento, California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we we're registered but we didn't realized we on suspension..but we went and re registered again
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What can I do with the findings ..
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Business Law
5/11/2017
Business Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The California Secretary of State has a full list of tax-exempt entities on their website. It was late updated in April, but you can check back if you're not listed.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/Exempt-Organizations/Entity-list.shtml

You may also be able to verify the organization at this link:

http://rct.doj.ca.gov/Verification/Web/Search.aspx?facility=Y

If it's not on either site, then you may want to contact the state Department of Justice to verify the status of the organization.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Attorney