Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate
18215332

Company is seeing a cease & desist letter to employees who

Customer Question

Company is seeing a cease & desist letter to employees who quit. They company believes the employees have property of the company, which they don't. Letter says if property isn't return then action will taken further. But no one has the company property it was never taken.
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: TN
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: No because I haven't been sent a letter yet but was informed I will be receiving one
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes that the company property is "emails" which they claim were printed and distributed, which they never were printed or distributed
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.

In general, sending a cease and desist letter is a pretty weak form of legal attack. A C & D letter only notifies someone that their actions or activities are annoying the sender. Unless the letter states a specific civil or criminal statutory violation, for which there are stated penalties, they can be safely ignored.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.
Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.