Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am self employed Interior Designer. Nine months ago I sub

Customer Question

I am self employed Interior Designer. Nine months ago I sub contracted with a Design Resource Company who was to process orders through their company. The way it worked-I sent PO's and deposits to them- they processed and managed the custom orders.
It appears this process has been compromised.
The orders have taken to long. Client is irritated.
I was not getting acceptable responses. I initiated a request to order products with the same factories and was told the ETA was currently 16 weeks.
When I contacted DR they stated they had combined multiple orders for efficiency on their end. So multiple orders to same factories may have created a time lag.
Custom orders are not returnable. My Client wants to cash out and reorder. I do not the the funds or ability to carry the financial loss.
What are my options?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If this company is not processing your orders as you have ordered and is not returning the money, they are in breach of contract with you. So you need to make a demand for refund for not providing the orders and if they refuse to do so, then you need to file a civil suit against the company to recover the money that you paid them.
You have no other choice other than suing them if they will not send what you ordered and will not refund your money.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.