How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1766
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a business that failed. The debtors are garnishing my

Customer Question

Hi I had a business that failed. The debtors are garnishing my bank account. I dont know what the terms are or if they are going to keep taking money. My husband tried to refinance the house the judgement is on the house that is not in my name. it is for 20,000.00 my bank told me. but they cant tell me how to get ahold of anyone.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Do I have any recourse? Or how can I stop this?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes there is a judgment.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have bad credit my husband does not. and this was for rent from the business.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to say that if the judgment is against you personally and the account is in your name then you have no recourse other than bankruptcy.

Unless there are community property issues, what state are you folks in?