Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a paint sub contractor harassing about money and I

Customer Question

I have a paint sub contractor harassing about money and I owe however there are issues with his billing and he has threatened me and is very irrational
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: FLorida
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: NO, the problem is with several jobs, I'm starting out as a contractor and have had much success working with verbal agreements however with this sub things started to unfold during a past job
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I asked them for emailed propasals on numerous occasions and never received, I had two checks returned Id written them and it was a bacd call but was trying to pay them out off another job because they were stressed about money. I brought another painter to help complete a job because they were short handed and with good intention and that's when threatening and harassing calls began. They weren't even present the weekend of finishing one job and were harassing me my while was onsite Saturday and Sunday to complete job for the tenant to move in Monday. They've requested change order that aren't valid and aren't giving me time inspect there last invoice and make accusations and threats that concern me during work hours this takes up a lot of time when dealing with this hostile behavior, the brother does the invoicing and doesn't seem concerned about the other brother harassing me
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to handle this situations legally and file something to protect myself and the homeowner from these painters before it escalates. What is a proper way to prevent harassment and keep them from slandering my name and disrupting the job further?

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor has left.
You would need to file a suit for breach of contract and harassment against them and as part of that suit you would need to ask the court to file an injunction against them from having further contact with you, your company or your job sites. If you are an LLC or Corporation or S-corp, you must hire a local attorney to file this against them, as you are not allowed to represent your company in any legal matters.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.