Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I own a business and am a subcontractor for a major vendor…

I own a business and...
I own a business and am a subcontractor for a major vendor for window treatments. So we have a territory and we install for them. I am moving out of state and wanting to sell my business with this contract. Is this allowed and if so how do I go about it? Thanks
5/9/2017
Infolawyer, Attorney
You need to see if your contract allows assignment. Some do and some don't. It silent on it you can. If not you may need to ask for permission.
Is that clear?
Okay, I will check . So if doesn't allow then i could sell my business, but not with the contract?
Precisely! Good luck. Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Attorney
Thank you
Infolawyer, Attorney